April Fools is one week away and for some this means it’s time to brace yourself. Maybe you have children that scheme all year or perhaps you are married to the ultimate prankster – whatever your situation may be, it’s time to prepare for a possible heart attack and get your estate plan in place today.
A properly executed estate plan will allow you to remain in control, to some degree, either during times of incapacity or even after you’re long gone. By executing some important documents, you can rest easy knowing who will raise your children, how your children’s inheritance will be managed and where everything will be going. Some important documents to consider include:
- Revocable Living Trust – Whatever assets held in trust will avoid probate, saving your loved ones the money and hassle. The trust will also direct the trustee to manage and distribute your assets according to your terms.
- Last Will & Testament – Nominate your Personal Representative, choose a Guardian for any minor child, and add any burial or cremation requests.
- Durable Power of Attorney – Nominate an individual to make financial decisions on your behalf or qualify you for public benefits, should you not be able to do so yourself.
- Living Will – Advanced directive or “pull the plug” document. Allows your healthcare surrogate to give the doctor the “ok” to pull the plug if you are being kept alive by artificial means.
- Designation of Healthcare Surrogate & HIPAA Release – Designate the individual of your choosing to make important healthcare decisions on your behalf, in the event you cannot do so yourself.
Don’t just prepare for the anticipated pranks coming next week – prepare for your future and family today! Call (954) 944-2855 for your free consultation.
For more information on Estate Planning, Asset Protection, and Probate Administration visit our website at www.wfplaw.com.
It’s A Wild World. Are You Protected?